2016 Sauvignon Blanc
The grapes for this wine are sourced from 2 valleys distinguished by their excellent cool coastal viticultural conditions: Litueche in the Colchagua Valley (Costa), and the Leyda Valley (Costa). Cold ocean breezes and morning fog moderate the overall temperatures thus preserving acidity, and a longer growing season allows for minerality and herbaceousness to be intensified.
Leyda Valley’s soils are largely clay and loam over a granite base with moderate drainage. These low-fertility soils are good for the production of premium grapes because they make the vines struggle for survival. This results in vines that put all their energy into producing small, concentrated grapes rather than leafy foliage.
Vintage & Harvest
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- March 22nd, 2016
- Hand-picked in 18kg boxes and carried to the estate winery immediately after cutting
- Carefully selected before processing
- Careful selection of the grapes before crushing
- Destemmed and chilled to 8°C
- Two to four hours skin contact maceration at 8-10°C
- Only free run juice from pneumatic pressing and 24-36 hours static sedimentation at 8°C prior to fermentation
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks at 11-15°C controlled temperature for 25 days and stored over fine lees for 2 months with selected yeasts
- Stored in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks through bottling
A vibrant wine that combines intense aromas of passion fruit, with citrus notes of grapefruit and lime. In the palate it is fresh and voluminous with a balanced natural acidity and an elegant finish.
Simply grilled fish, especially oily fish such as sardines and mackerel. Fried fish like goujons, whitebait and fish and chips, garlicky prawns or chargrilled squid. Seafood with south-east Asian flavours such as lime, chilli and coriander or Thai fish cakes. Also goes well with Greek and Mexican food and other fresh-tasting dishes with avocados, tomatoes, green onions, olives and sharp cheeses.