Pinot Noir Rosé
- Valley: Curicó Valley (Entre Cordillera)
- Soil: Alluvial in origin. Clay loam with the presence of stones at 80cm. Fertile soils allow the vines to express all their vegetative and fruit potential.
- Altitude: 243m above sea level.
- Weather: Mediterranean with a long, dry summer season and intense sunlight. Marked DTR (Diurnal Temperature Range, or difference between day and night temperatures), key for assisting the development of flavors.
- Annual rainfall: 600mm average during winter, mostly between June and August.
The vineyards at Viña Echeverría are located in the Curicó Valley, at the 35th parallel south, and the rows are planted in an east-westerly direction to potentiate the sun’s exposure. We work with a model of micro viticulture, which means that each plot, no more than half a hectare, is identified according to its terroir and microclimate and planted, pruned, irrigated and harvested accordingly, resulting in grapes of optimum quality and flavor.
Vintage & Harvest
Blend: Pinot Noir proprietor’s single vineyard grapes from ungrafted selected clones of the pre-phylloxera French rootstock.
- March 25th, 2017
- Hand picked in 18kg boxes and carried to the winery immediately after cutting
- Carefully selected before processing
- Cold skin maceration for 8 hours at 8ºC prior to fermentation
- 24 to 36 hours decantation at 8ºC
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks at 13º-18°C controlled temperature for 25 days with selected yeasts
- Stored in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks through bottling
Roberto Echeverría Jr has been the Chief Winemaker at Viña Echeverría since 2001. Inspired by his French heritage, Roberto’s signature style produces wines with a combination of Old World elegance and New World energy. More European viticultural techniques include timely harvesting to avoid over ripeness and therefore good balance and control of alcohol levels. Focus is on French varietals, barrels and yeasts, as well as longer fermentation and aging in barrels and diverse blending.
Light rose pink in colour, this Provence style rosé wine offers aromas of strawberry and white peach. In the mouth, its fruity character balances with fresh and mouthwatering acidity.
“A more versatile food wine you won’t find in any color, at any price point” – Wine Enthusiast
Pairs well with anything Provencal, such as bouillabaisse, salade nicoise, pesto or grilled sardines, but also light pasta dishes, chicken, Moroccan and Mediterranean food, light Asian dishes, salads and seafood, especially shellfish or grilled tuna.